Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 and image quality

Bengt Nyman

Stockholm, SE & San Diego, US
101 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bengt Nyman Registered since 10th Apr 2013
Wed 19-Jun-13 02:31 PM

Just a positive note about D800(E) image quality.

I have sold images through iStock, Getty Images, for many years. In the beginning I was using a 13 MP camera of a competitive brand with their best zoom lenses. My batting average getting images accepted by iStock was around 40%. Some images were rejected in spite of repeated attempts to make improvements to the image quality in accordance with iStock's suggestions. The process was actually quite frustrating making me feel inadequate.

I later used a 21 MP camera and the same zoom lenses.
My batting average for image quality acceptance increased to around 65%, but to me that was still not satisfying.

So I stopped bothering with iStock for a few years.

I have now used a D800E with 35 mm and 85 mm primes since February 2013. And I have started submitting images to iStock again. I am happy and proud to report that my average acceptance rate is now 100%.

I wish I could say that I have become a 2½ times better photographer in a few years but I know that is not true. It's the Nikon D800E with the best available prime lenses that hovers above the rest, just like DxOMark suggests.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 and image quality