Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

rain rain don't go away!...

kamputty

Santa Cruz, US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kamputty Registered since 04th Jan 2007
Mon 17-Jun-13 06:31 PM

Hi all,

Well, last week, I was in the East Coast of the USA doing college tours with my daughter. Let me just say this, it was FREAKING RAINING ALOT!

We where outside doing tours and it was as if we where standing in the shower. I mean raining ALOT!

My camera was dangling on my side and was getting wet....I mean really really really wet. I took a total of 900 pics over 5 days and the camera got drenched. I did nothing to protect the camera. nothing.

every part of the camera was dripping wet, and water pooled everywhere...the eyepiece was like a pool at times with water filling the eye piece etc.

I changed lens between my 14-24 and 24-70 (granted I covered the camera for what as I did not want water inside!).

NOT A SINGLE ISSUE. All that happened to the camera was that it got a nice wash and looks brand new again!

100% satisfied with the "weatherized" aspect of the camera.

Just wanted to share...

~Kam

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: rain rain don't go away!...

G