Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
bkruppa

Bluffton, US
42 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bkruppa Registered since 31st May 2013
Fri 31-May-13 01:41 AM

Am I thinking correctly by selecting "large" image size for all of my pictures? I do this not because I want to print something that large but I want to preserve the maximum amount of data so I can zoom/crop and maintain the maximum detail. I realize that the file sizes are bigger but memory is cheap. What does the camera do when you select "medium" or "small"? Discard every other pixel or every 3rd pixel, etc?

Then when you are finished with post processing and want to produce a jpeg file if you select "good" resolution the file size is about 20Meg. Should you select a low resolution in order to reduce the file size to something more reasonable if you are only sharing files say on the Internet? This is a bit confusing.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Image Size