Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RWSTARRETT

Gardnerville, US
145 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RWSTARRETT Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Feb 2009
Thu 23-May-13 10:52 PM

I have been using FocusTune to fine tune my prime lenses. Today I went through the rather time consuming process of tuning my 500MM F4.0 AFS lens with mt D800, D700 and D7000. There were no issues with the latter two, but about 1 out of three images shot with the D800 show exif data in Focus Tune that says the fine tuning is turned off. The other cameras never do that. I'll shoot, for instance, 5 images at -3 and find that two of them will not be counted because "AFA" is "off". Shooting the same sequence with my D700 or my D7000 reveals that all five images show AFA "on". I've only seen this with the D800. I had the same issues with my 300mm F2,8 VR lens. No problems with the other cameras, only the d800.
Has anybody had seen this problem with fine tuning auto focus?? Seems to be a D800 problem where the autofocus fine tuning adjustment is not always applied.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: AF Fine-Tune glitch