Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Hektor

Rancho Palos Verdes - So-Cal, US
706 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Hektor Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008
Thu 29-Mar-12 05:38 PM

Hi:

According to NikonRumors:

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/03/28/nikon-d3200-coming-in-april-with-a-24mp-sensor-and-many-new-features.aspx/

Why am I posting this in the D800 forum? The rumored D5200 comes with the new Sony 24MP DX sensor. I was wondering what would be the equivalent number of pixels in an FX sensor? I calculate that it could range between 54MP-56MP, but I could be wrong; it could be more (I have no idea if the rumored camera comes with Expeed 3 or not.) Is there an end to this “pixelmania” or we are just beginning. Regardless, I’m holding out for the 1 TeraPixel camera.

Best regards,

Hektor

My Blog: Hektors Blog
My Photo Album: Hektors Photos
My Nikonians Album: My Galleries

Nikonians is our Safe Port and Home in the World Wide Web - Participate as a Full Family Member.

Leica Q - Fujifilm X-T2 (~ October) - Nikon D5500 (IR) - Nikon D750
Member since 2007 - Previous User Name: Ramesses (2035 posts) A combined total of 2735+ posts and counting.
"Photography is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump - The Photo Reviewer.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Pixelmania