Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dust somewhere I can't remove!

byvini

UK
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
byvini Registered since 19th Apr 2013
Mon 06-May-13 11:57 PM

There is something really bugging me that I need to ask your opinion about.
I have recently taken my camera to one of the authorized center (Nikon Fixation - UK) to clean some oil spots in the sensor. It was all good and the pictures are all clean.
But there is this dust somewhere that I can't get rid off. I though in the beginning it was oil in the sensor, but it is clearly not the case (after cleaning the sensor the spot is still there). It is there and I have blown it and managed to move it around just a bit. So, I am trying to figure it out where the dust is... could it be in the mirror? how would you clean it? Could it be in any other compartment? I have clean the eyepiece so it is not there...
How you guys deal with this? just leave it there and it will settle one day? take to nikon service?

Many thanks.

byVini photography

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dust somewhere I can't remove!

G