Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stepped off the cliff today

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3330 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Tue 30-Apr-13 12:36 AM

I stepped off the cliff today. I ordered a D800 to come live with my two D700 cameras. I have vacillated for months, but came to the conclusion that criticisms built on the need for only the best lenses, on arguments about the impacts of diffraction, on the need to shoot everything with the support of a heavy duty tripod, etc., are somewhat like the debates centuries ago about the number of angels that could stand on the head of a pin. Just like when we saw a steady procession of better and better films pass our way in the 20th century, we are now seeing better and better sensors appear. And in each case, flaws in our techniques that were covered up by inferior optics, inferior emulsions and inferior processing, became more easily seen. I have decided that the D800 is inherently outstanding and it is my tasking to strive to use its capabilities rather than griping because it may expose my flaws. I hope I can live up to ITS expectations!

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stepped off the cliff today