Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 & Sigma 85 suddenly not working properly

sethjar

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sethjar Registered since 19th Apr 2013
Fri 19-Apr-13 12:37 AM

A few months ago I bought the Sigma 85 1.4 lens and it quickly became my go to portrait lens. A few days ago I was using it on a shoot and it seemed like everything was exceptionally bright, but I thought it was just an issue with the off camera lighting I was using and didn't give it much thought. I had the same problem today and I realized that the lens wasn't stopping down. The camera says it is, but I was shooting F16 and everything was blowing out. I assumed it was a lens problem, but decided to try it on my D7000 tonight just to see what happened. It worked perfectly fine on the D7000. I tried it again on the D800 and it has the same problem. There's a negligible difference between f16 and f1.6. My other lenses work fine on the D800.

So what could be causing this? Why would the lens not work on the D800 (after working correctly the past 3 months) but still work fine on the D7000? Has anyone ever encountered a situation like this? I'm really worried something is off with my D800 as it's been a little "buggy" since I bought it new last May.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 & Sigma 85 suddenly not working properly

G