Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best practice to keep the battery charge last longer

gqtuazon

FPO, US
644 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gqtuazon Registered since 18th Nov 2009
Wed 27-Mar-13 11:12 PM

Hello. I rarely post questions since most of my questions that I am interested are already being asked.

The issue that I have been experiencing since I received my D800E is how quickly it drains the Nikon EN-EL15 battery compared to my D7000. For example, if I just leave my D800 power switch "on" even with a lens that doesn't have VR, it will drain the power indication bar much faster after 2 or 3 hours.

Is this normal? The only way to prevent the batteries from this accelerated discharge is by turning the camera on and off constantly in between shoot. Are there any other settings that you can recommend to maximize the battery charge? Thank you.

Regards,

Glenn

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best practice to keep the battery charge last longe...

G