Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which repair facility shoudl I send a D800 for serious backfocus issue

bga123

Atlanta, US
59 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bga123 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Dec 2002
Wed 06-Mar-13 07:46 PM

My D800 is soon going to be 1 year old and I have waited this long in hopes that Nikon repair centers would get a good handle on the focus issues surrounding the D800. All my lenses need -20 adjustment to get acceptable focus and I'm not talking cheap glass here; 70-200mm VR2, 24-120mm f2.8 AFS, 105 f2.8 Micro Nikkor, 50mm f1.4 and f1.8.

I know there are several repair centers, does anyone have a suggestion as to which to send it to or is it still pretty much a toss up? Have they gotten to a point where they can reliably address this issue?

BTW, I am not referring to the dreaded left focus problem as mine seems to be pretty consistent. I'm simply referring to how much back focus I have. Setting -20 gives me little leeway.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advise you may have.

Brian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which repair facility shoudl I send a D800 for seri...
                    Reply message RE: Which repair facility shoudl I send a D800?

G