Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
twarren003

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
twarren003 Registered since 04th Mar 2013
Mon 04-Mar-13 08:52 PM

Hi,

I am a new user of the D800 and new to this board as well. I have shot with the D700 for a few years now and so far enjoying the D800 with this one exception. I do a lot of portrait work in the studio and I am always in manual mode. I use LiveView mode a lot to frame subject, etc. However, with the D800, I have noticed that while in manual mode, I have to be perfectly exposed with the camdera's meter before it will show me the subject. For example, I tend to shoot at 1/250s, around f/8 occassionally and at that setting, without lights, the picture is dark. So, in LiveView, it is a black screen. My D700 would 'auto adjust' itself to show me picture. Therefore, I could keep my settings at 1/250, f/8 and see the screen where as the D800 I have to adjust my meter to the correct exposure (or close to it) before it will show me the screen. Very frustrating. Is there a setting for that? Why would it be different than the D700? I can also switch to aperture priority and it works fine but I shouldn't have to do that. Thanks so much for the help!!!

Best regards.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 and LiveView

G