Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need a few more pointers for using my D800 with a Galaxy Note II smartphone.

leonardevens

US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
leonardevens Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2011
Fri 15-Feb-13 12:17 AM

I am beginning to make progress mastering my d800. I got a Samsung Galaxy Note II smartphone and an Eye-Fi pro x2 card. With some help from Eye-Fi, I was able to set it up so I can transfer images directly to the Note II. I hope to use it to view images in the field to evaluate composition and exposure. But I haven't figured out how to mount the smartphone. The camera will be on a tripod, so if worse comes to worse i can just hold the phone in my hand, but it would be easier if I could mount it on the camera or the tripod. Any suggestions? Also which apps in addition to the Eye-Fi app would it make sense to use on the phone?

Leonard Evens
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need a few more pointers for using my D800 with a G...

G