Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Mon 14-Jan-13 01:23 AM

I need your advice. I have a new D800E with less than 400 shutter actuations. The very rubber piece (I assume it is a seal)located adjacent to the door to the card chamber, on the hinged side of the door, fell out. I have the rubber piece and have put it back in place; however, it will not stay in place. Nikon, in usual unhelpful fashion, says to send the camera to Nikon for repair. Of course I have to pay the cost of shipping. I am tempted to glue the piece in place but am reluctant to do that. On the other hand, having to pay about $80.00 in shipping cost to "repair" a defect in Nikon's assembly of the camera also does not appeal to me. This is particularly annoying since I have already been out of pocket about $140.00 for the shipping and return of another D800E that had the left focus problem. Obviously I am not having good luck with the D800E. I also have until Jan. 18 to return the camera to B&H if I wish to do so. What do you recommend?

JDT

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?

G