Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First trip with D800 (link to Landscape Forum)

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Thu 10-Jan-13 07:54 AM | edited Thu 10-Jan-13 07:59 AM by Robman3

Since May when I got the D800, I've had little time to shoot, even loaning the rig to a couple different DP pals while I toiled on a four camera video from a live concert we shot in April. (2-D7000s, and 2 different Canons)

The label finally released the DVD on 12/19 and so after months, we got to Death Valley which we do every year for a handful of days.

Getting used to the D800, pretty amazing so far.

Although I do not upload to the Nikonian Forums or the challenges very often (rarely) because of what seem to be ethical grey areas in the review process for the latter, I just had to share this one as a stand alone simply because of the acuity at twilight in a very contrasted landscape. (Is there any other kind?)

There is a low res version cut to 16 : 9 ratio, a link to a locked down website gallery for higher resolution and size choices, and a 100% crop.

I like the advice Bob Greenburg (NPS Ranger/Photographer @ DVNP and Yellowstone) gives when we discuss shooting, find the light, frame the subject and take a couple of shots.

This was one of those moments, in my opinion.

Whether or not y'all agree, is of course valued from everyone's perspective but arguably, Nikon has set the standard for FX competing with MF backs, period.

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=162&topic_id=71246&mesg_id=71246&page=

Enjoy,

Rob Manning

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G