Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

OMG the range, the detail...this is like cheating...check out the pics

H3Tex

US
41 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
H3Tex Registered since 08th May 2012
Wed 12-Dec-12 12:06 PM

So this is a pic that I almost did not even give a second look. It was the short exposure on a bracket set that I was saving for later. The thumbnail on the bottom or LR4 was flat and dark. I have been skipping over it for months. Well I decided to play with it and was blown away. I could not beleive how much information was in this file and how it turned out. The colors and details just exploded out with each adjustment.

I know many people (including myself) like to post pictures straight out of the camera to show the camera off. That is all in good but I feel its nothing you should depend on. Do not give up on an image, at least not a raw file. Its full of information.

First pic
Out of the camera. Raw convert using LR4. Applied lens correction only.

Second pic
Full post using LR4 only.
Exposure .6
Contrast 80
Highlights 100
Shadows -100
Black and White set using the alt key method.
Sharpen
Grad filter

There are still some things that I need to fix with the pic. Those will need some thought, time, and fresh eyes.

Pre-Post

Click on image to view larger version

G