Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best flash cards for D800E?

Jeff1

Provincetown, US
68 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jeff1 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd May 2004
Mon 26-Nov-12 01:01 PM

I'm heading off on my 3 month winter travel photography trip soon to India. My question is with an sd and a compact flash slot, and so many choices of read and write speeds, and capacity....what makes most sense to buy now for my 800E?

I wasn't really planning to buy any more cf cards, as I see them becoming obsolete with the new cameras, although I've read some talk nas they are more stable. I currently own a few 8gb 300x Lexar CF cards.

I also own a few 8 and 16gb 30MB/s sdhc cards.

I'm not a sports or fast wildlife shooter. I do a lot of street shooting, HDR, landscape, etc. I do want a fast card, but I don't think the Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC is necessary for those prices. I usually prefer Sandisk, and I would never trust an off brand.

So I'm thinking of getting a few 64GB SD cards, and maybe a larger cf card.

Any feedabck would be appreciated, or any articles on the subject. It being cyber Monday today, made me think of ordering something quickly. Thanks

Jeff
www.lovingerimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best flash cards for D800E?

G