Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Fri 23-Nov-12 03:19 AM

Friends,

As a NikoniansPress author, I need to address an issue that is becoming a difficulty. I am unsure what to do about it. Since I publish contact information in all my books, I get an unbelievable amount of email. Bottom line...an unmanageable amount of email!

I try to quickly answer simple queries like, "when will your next book be out?" However, many times each day I get emails asking multiple questions that would almost take writing an article (or a book chapter), to answer (e.g., "Please explain how aperture diffraction affects the airy disk projection on the sensor, and at which apertures would you think the D800 starts losing sharpness with my 24-70mm lens?"). What am I to do? I want to answer each email but am getting farther and farther behind.

A few years back, I bought a big pile of John Shaw books. I read each one of them and liked Mr. Shaw's personality so much that I wrote him an email and thanked him for his books and asked him if he was going to write any more books. I never heard anything back from him, and frankly, felt a bit insulted. I would still buy a John Shaw book but often wondered why he never responded. Now, I fully understand.

Why am I writing this to you? Well, I am sitting here looking at a folder of reader mail containing over 100 emails awaiting an answer. Most of them with multiple questions. At the same time, I am writing Mastering the Nikon D600, a weekly article for Nikonians, a weekly article for C'T Digital Photography Magazine, managing a small stock agency, and working one day per week outside the home doing actual photography.

I simply need to tell you, dear reader, that I want to answer your emails, and will. It might take me several weeks, but I will go through each of these emails and do my best to answer your questions. My folder is growing bigger each day but, somehow, I'll manage it. I just don't want you to feel bad if it takes some time. I value each of you and don't want you to feel badly toward me for not answering your queries immediately.

What a weird situation! Thanks for your patience. Here is a calming D800 picture to make you feel better:

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?

G