Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

More D800 Focus Trouble

johno

St. Louis, US
525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006
Mon 19-Nov-12 01:59 AM

Hi

I got my camera back a week or so ago after a second trip to Nikon for the left focus problem. They had said to send back the camera, then they said to hold off while Japan looked at my pictures, then they said send it after 6 weeks or so of me waiting for the "analysis."

Today I spent some time shooting in a sculpture park, and upon looking at the images I have no idea what's happening with the focus. I shot in f 2.8 and 5.6 using left, center and right sensors, and sometimes on sensor was off and the other time it was the others.

I'm starting to go nuts with this. I have bad near and far vision and 5 different pro lenses and a Nikon service center with a verified track record of incompetence, and I have no idea any more whether its possible to own a working D800, and how to isolate my vision and equipment variables from the camera function.

Way I do see for sure is some shots using autofocus are clear, and some are not. This is across left, right and center sensors. Is there some way to actually measure focus accuracy objectively?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: More D800 Focus Trouble