Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 & D4 UK Price Increases - Seriously!!!

John_Southcombe

Miskin, UK
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
John_Southcombe Registered since 06th Dec 2005
Mon 09-Apr-12 10:16 PM

So after visiting the Nikon stand at Focus on Imaging at the NEC in Birmingham a couple of weeks back, I went into my local Jacobs Digital store today to get a closer look at a D800 only to be greeted by a perplexed store manager that informed me that Nikon had recently increased the price of the D800 by the princely sum of £200 ... that put an immediate halt on my purchase from him and ultimately another unit from Nikon. When I got home and Googled it I found .....

"Nikon UK has officially confirmed increases to the prices of its D800, D800E and D4 DSLRs. The move, which Nikon blames on an 'internal systems error', sees the D800's recommended retail price rise by £200 to £2599.99, while the D4's goes up by £500 to £5299.99 and the D800E's becomes £2,899.99. However the company says it will honor the prices on existing pre-orders placed before March 24th.

Nikon UK has also confirmed to us that this price rise will only affect customers in the UK and Irish markets - other regions are not affected."

A 'System Error' SERIOUSLY!!! So based on today's exchange rate that's $8,425 for a D4 body in the UK compared to $5,999 from B&H or Ritz in the US.

I'm sure my 1 sale won't impact Nikon stocks or cause a stir at their next corporate sales meeting but I'm sure that the overall affect this might have in the UK and Ireland market will cause a blip for their UK business unit. It's a tough investment decision when times are good but in the current climate .... Sorry Nikon you got this one wrong!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G