Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live View Shots always blurry

MongolJustin

AU
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MongolJustin Registered since 26th Oct 2012
Wed 14-Nov-12 12:32 PM

Folks.

I am happy with the performance of my D800 using the viewfinder, but i am struggling to get any usable shots with Live view.

Basically, when i go to live view mode, regardless of the focus mode or the camera mode (P,S,M,A) the lens starts chattering to try to keep focus and never really achieves it. And when i do get a shot off, the result is always a blurry mess.

I have read the manual, and Mastering the D800 and both sources talk about how Live mode allows even more accurate focus, but i get the opposite ...

I have oticed also when a shot is taken, that the actuation is very slow, while viewfinder mode is very fast for taking the shot.
Even when i select Manual and bump up the shutter to 4000 and take a shot, the actuation is slow in Live view mode.

what could i be doing incorrect ? or is it possible my camera is faulty.

I shot a wedding at Byron Bay recently using viewfinder mode and really got some excellent shots ... but this live mode (which i would like to use) is just hopeless.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Justin.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Live View Shots always blurry