Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF fine tune if you have a lens repaired

ljordan316

Inverness, US
830 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ljordan316 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2010
Tue 13-Nov-12 09:42 PM

I sent my 24-700mm to Melvile for a zoom repair in September. It just came back last week...two weeks later than expected due to hurricane Sandy...and to my surprise, it was significantly back focusing on my two D800e bodies. I ran my FoCal AF fine tuning with one body and the tuning went from zero done in August to -18. On the other body, I could not adjust AF fine tuning enough to make it work.

When I called Nikon, they requested JPEG images shot with both bodies. So now I have to wait for Nikon to mull over my images before a decision is made re doing the repair again. This could go on forever. Glad I have a 50mm f/1.8 as a backup lens!

Larry Jordan

D800E, D500, 14-24, 16-35, 24-70, 70-180 Micro, 80-400mm AF-S, 500mm AF-S II

http://larryjordan.smugmug.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: AF fine tune if you have a lens repaired

G