Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 in cold weather did great

sxmwb

Longview, US
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sxmwb Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2011
Tue 13-Nov-12 01:40 PM | edited Tue 13-Nov-12 01:41 PM by sxmwb

I was able to take the D800 out on a shoot at 5am and 5°F yesterday morning. The lens movement got a bit sluggish but the camera handled the conditions great. Battery had 3/4s of a charge after shooting about 260 pictures over two hours.

Most of the shots were at 6400 ISO and came out great. Some of the shots like the one attached were tough going handheld and would have been better done on a tripod.

I did take the camera into the house to take pictures of the damage at the very end, so I was dodging water and insulation but again the camera held up great. I am not sure of the D800's waterproofness but it seems to hold up to cold, snow and light rain so far with a good thorough cleaning after being in those conditions.

All shots taken with the 28-300mm lens.

Here are the shots I was able to release after the fire.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.531328330229699.132090.246692358693299&type=1&l=85383b9286

Click on image to view larger version

Mike
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G