Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MichaelWise

CA
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MichaelWise Registered since 20th Jun 2012
Sun 11-Nov-12 01:25 AM

Nikon Canada advise me that a full buffer will always cause the D800's playback and menu functions to temporarily lock-up.
Using the Lexar Professional 16GB SDHC 400x as my primary card, I am experiencing too many lock-ups - my guess is about 1 in 200 shots. And this is occurring in single shot mode, not continuous shooting.
I opted for SD rather than CF cards as my primary memory because they're cheaper - now I'm wondering if I made the right decision. Before investing in another set of cards, I would appreciate your opinion. Which do you set as your primary slot - SD or CF? Is CF preferable because of its higher write speed? Any other pros and cons of SD -v- CF? Finally, a "how long is a piece of string" question - what do you consider to be the optimum card speed if you're taking a series of single shots?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SD -v- CF