Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Transferring from D800E to iPad3

Tom from Maryland

US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tom from Maryland Registered since 07th Aug 2012
Sat 10-Nov-12 11:48 AM

Yesterday I posted this request for help
"I can transfer into iPhoto both NEF and JPG file from my D300 using the USB cable. When I try to transfer from the D800E only the JPG files transfer while the NEF file display a "!" in each picture. I even took the SD card out of the camera and put it into the adapter and got the same results. I called Apple support and they do not have a clue about this problem. I have checked the Nikon website and all they talk about is the NEF CODEC for windows, nothing for the iPad. I am using the new iOS 6 on the iPad. Is there a fix for this problem?

I have been looking buying an Apple Pro laptop with retina display but if this is a problem there, it would rule it out.

Thanks for you help."

I got asked about the size of the iPad, which is 64GB with 42.9GB available. I also got asked about the version, which latestlastest version 6.0.1.

I am hoping some one on here can help me.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Transferring from D800E to iPad3

G