Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone using Lexar 1000x CF Cards? Failed twice in D800

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Sat 07-Apr-12 07:57 PM

Is anyone else with a D800 using the 1000x CF cards from Lexar?

I have a 1000x 16G, and also have a 400x 64G.

The 1000x has now failed twice. The first time I thought it was related in some fashion to being full (it was almost full, but had room for 3 more shots). The second which just happened was a complete failure -- it had just been formatted, I shot 11 images with the D800 in "write to both cards" mode.

The 12th failed with a "Err" indicating the CF card. Remove, insert -- said "needs to be formatted before use". Took it to the computer, same thing, "needs to be formatted".

The images were on the SD card, and fortunately were just experimentation anyway.

I have never had a CF card fail in years and years of use, so either I'm due or.... is anyone else using these in the D800?

The 64G 400x card that I have works fine, and I have used it even more.

Now I have to figure out how to make a warranty claim I guess, but more concerned if the D800 has trouble with the newer, faster cards? They aren't on the "approved" list, but I assumed because they were too new. Now I'm wondering.

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone using Lexar 1000x CF Cards? Failed twice i...

G