Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

To Digital Darrell Re: Eye-Fi Compatibility

bdudzik

Richland, US
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bdudzik Registered since 08th Apr 2009
Tue 23-Oct-12 05:04 AM

Darrell:

Not sure where to post this but I feel that you improperly took credit for something related to my earlier post on your book pointing out Eye-Fi's incompatibility with the D800. The article below, in the Nikonians Newsletter doesn't reference that another Nikonian raised the issue. (I don't know how to format the text below with indentation and italics).

Eye-Fi issues compatibility warning
The Nikon D800 / D800E is not compatible with Eye-Fi X2 Cards. That’s the official word from Eye-Fi posted recently on their Web site.
Nikonians author Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) contacted tech support for the company and reports on his findings in the D800 forum.
In a nutshell, the camera has a hefty build with enough metal and other signal deflecting or absorbing materials to hinder strong signals coming from the card.
You won’t have those issues if you dig deep in your wallet for Nikon’s WT-4A Wireless Transmitter. Online prices go as low as $750 USD (approx 575 Euros). Meanwhile we have some members exchanging ideas on cheaper solutions.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G