Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Image quality versus lens

RWSTARRETT

Gardnerville, US
145 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RWSTARRETT Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Feb 2009
Sun 21-Oct-12 11:20 PM

My D800 arrived with no appreciable defects, no focussing issues. My wife and I went out on a catamaran on the San Francisco Bay during Fleet Week.....there should be some great photo ops here. I took my D800 with a 500mm f4 lens, thinking I could get great photos of the Americas Cup boats racing. My wife took her D7000 with a 300mm f2.8 lens. I think the net result was a tie. Yes, the D800 makes large, beautiful, detailed images, but the D700 with that lens has almost the same reach. It was able to focus faster and better on the fast moving aircraft. As a result, my wife came home with more good images than I did. Please see our website,

http://www.starrettimages.com/Airplanes/Fleet-Week-SF-Bay/25889954_R6L996#!i=2156798225&k=D8VpvpK

Maybe the choice of lens is more important than the camera body!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Image quality versus lens

G