Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Colour Saturation & D800

Dibyendu1

IN
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Dibyendu1 Registered since 25th Aug 2012
Thu 18-Oct-12 11:54 PM

I purchased D800 one and half months back. I recently took it to Fiji in my official travel. It was nice green & blue. After downloading the photos I am disappointed, when I compare with the photos taken on slide film last year. I was using RAW (most probably without any colour balance correction by the camera software). Some of them are in P-mode as I could change it to manual and later it was manual exposure & manual focus. Do I need to set my camera differently to get nice saturation of colour or I need to change the file format.

Another observation, when I shoot aligning the camera vertically, there is a cropping and not taking the full LCD & same after download. Is ther any configuration to change this to remove the crop ?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Colour Saturation & D800