Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 won't format approved card

winthrop

Thousand Oaks, US
295 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
winthrop Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 14-Oct-12 04:18 AM | edited Sun 14-Oct-12 04:38 AM by winthrop

I've been using a Lexar Pro 1000x 32GB CF card successfully for a few months now. Today I shot about 100 images in a class, downloaded and backed up those files, and when I put the card back in the camera it refuses to format it. I've tried formatting both ways; it appears to be formatting but then the images are still intact on the card. I have had no trouble formatting this card in the same camera in the past. I Googled the problem and all I get is threads on trying to use unapproved cards in the D800.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. I have it set to record backups on the SD card, so when I pressed the Playback button I was seeing the images from the SD card. I could have saved myself a lot of agonizing if I'd thought of that earlier.

Bob

visit my gallery

G