Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800e with Tamron 70-300 VC

mklass

Tacoma, US
7421 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Sat 06-Oct-12 04:39 AM | edited Sat 06-Oct-12 01:58 PM by mklass

I've had my D800e now for almost 2 months, but a few days ago I finally had a chance to go out and "play" with it. By play, I mean I wasn't shooting a job I was getting paid for, I was just wandering around Portland, OR one afternoon.

I also had a chance to use my Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DC SP VC USD lens, which I haven't worked much with since I bought it used from a fellow Nikonian 6 or 7 months ago.

Maybe it's the camera, maybe it's the lens, but the combination yielded the following result.

I used the center focus point focused on the first line of lettering of the poster in the window which was about 300 ft away: 300mm focal length, f/8, 1/800, ISO 200, handheld. Shot with a customized standard picture control (contrast +1, sharpening 5) JPG extracted from the NEF with Photo Mechanic before any processing. Click on the image for a larger view and look at the lettering on the poster.

Click on image to view larger version

Or, if you prefer, here's the image cropped using the 100% zoom from PM.:
Click on image to view larger version

I think this lens works with this camera.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

G