Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 auto ISO and SB-910

sxmwb

Longview, US
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sxmwb Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2011
Mon 01-Oct-12 07:44 PM

I am looking for recommendations on configuring the D800 with the SB-910. I took some Fire Academy Graduation shots recently an was not happy with some the results.

I had Auto ISO on and a lot of the shots were grainy and dark, I am thinking this was a mistake. Now some of that had to do with the room conditions, stepped ceiling and hanging lights but I just don't think I got out of the D800 and the SB-910 what I would have expected. I do know I was very happy with the battery life for the D800 and the SB-910 and I think I only had two or three cases where the flash did not fire but the camera handled the shot just fine.

I am reading the book The Nikon Creative Lighting System: Using the SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910, and R1C1 Flashes by Mike Hagen, but it does not talk about Auto ISO or the D800.

I am working with the fire department on how best to take pictures while on scene as well with a flash during and after operations. We came to the conclusion that flashes during operations would be distracting but using a flash on clean-up and investigation pictures would be fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 auto ISO and SB-910

G