Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Have you had this crazy AF problem?

avisys

Placitas, US
482 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
avisys Basic Member
Tue 25-Sep-12 05:17 PM

Have you ever had this AF thing happen? It happens on occasion with all my lenses.

Rotate the focus ring to some far out position, either near infinity or very, very close. Point the current focus point at a good target six feet away -- in good light. Press the shutter button half-way down. The camera may or may not make a small focus action, but nowhere close to focus. The finder image is very fuzzy, way out of focus, but the green dot turns on and the camera will take a picture, out of focus, of course. (I have focus priority, AF-S)

This does not happen all the time, but often enough to drive me crazy. And it can happen with any lens -- 24-70, 70-200, 105 Micro, so far.

Is this a common problem? Or a common user error. (I've never experienced this with my D70, D300, D2x, D3.)

AviSys

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Have you had this crazy AF problem?

G