Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Err message in Control Panel

Bulgakov

Winter Springs, US
97 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bulgakov Registered since 31st Oct 2006
Mon 24-Sep-12 04:55 PM

I just took my D800 on its first "serious" outing. Over the period of 2 days I took about 1000 shots.

During this time, approximately 4-5 times, I received this error (Err)in the Control Panel after taking a shot. Simply pressing the shutter would seem to cause the shutter to release (although no image was recorded) and the Err message would go away, sometimes for several humdred clicks.

Reading the manual, says it could either be a firmware issue or a shutter issue and Tom Hogan's book doesn't really say anything more than "send it in for repair".

I am a firm believer in trying to let things fix themselves before I send them in for repair.

If anyone has had this issue, would you please comment on your experience and what the resolution was.

Thanks in advance.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Err message in Control Panel