Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 vs D3X (and others) Comparison

walk43

Pennsylvania, US
719 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
walk43 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Wed 11-Apr-12 11:30 AM | edited Wed 11-Apr-12 07:08 PM by walk43

I don't know how many readers are aware of Snapsort, who does comparisons based on specs for camera/lens 'A' to camera/lens 'B', but I thought I would post the link where Snapsort has used these specs for the D800 ($3000) compared to the specs for the D3X ($8000)....and several others. In some cases they do not seem 100% accurate...but consider it for what it is.

I am not endorsing Snapsort as an ultimate technology testing lab just as 1 source for information and general comparisons. So if anyone has an informed opinion about Snapsort and its 'evaluations' and 'recommendations' please let me know for my own reference.

Here is the link:

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D800-vs-Nikon_D3X

Here is the summary result:
D800 = 100 points and D3X 80 points

They also do a nice job of breaking down their evauations into camera basics like ISO performance, DR, weather protection, etc. in simple terms...at least for me.

Dan
(Nikon D800,V2,Sony HX400V,Lumix ZS40)
"I don't read, I just look at pictures" - Andy Warhol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 vs D3X (and others) Comparison