Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My D800E saga, laugh with me

IndyGeoff

Greenwood, US
165 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
IndyGeoff Registered since 03rd Jul 2007
Thu 06-Sep-12 03:53 AM

1st D800E .. Nikon Store .. no left focus issue, had to dial in -20 on all my lenses to get it lined up. I tested it over 3 days, setting up the target and camera anew each time. Nikon said send it back for a refund.

2nd one .. Bestbuy showed available the day before I shipped mine back to the Nikon Store, so I ordered it. I may have to carry the first $3300 since they say 2-4 weeks for a refund.

Bestbuy one arrived and you know I set up test charts. It looked pretty darn close on the camera display when I shot live view, then not using live view. What made me go UGH was the first shot showed 9000ish on the count. Someone had owned this before and shot it over 9000 times.

BB sold me a used D800E as new. I called and got a case number. The woman apologized and offered to send me one out and a call tag for this one. She apologized again when she found out they had none to send. She did say I had 30 days to return an item and I could take it to any store to return it for a refund.

I am thinking that even if the focus was right, someone shot nearly 5% of the rated shutter life off the camera. had they said it was preowned and charged me a little less i would not have room to groan.

I'm not one to use an item knowing I plan to return it, so it will go back into the box and i will drive to the store to return it.

I am wondering if I should even bother ordering another E version from them if they show as available. For all I know they are cycling the same 30 cameras around until they find someone that will keep them. LOL

I laugh at my experience so far trying to keep ownership of this camera. I thought others may get a chuckle out of it also.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My D800E saga, laugh with me