Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800E Camera Freeze up

bobby18301

east stroudsburg, US
48 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobby18301 Registered since 31st Mar 2008
Thu 30-Aug-12 12:53 AM

My camera froze yesterday and only got it to work by removing the battery (fully charged) and putting it back in. This happened two times. Today I found out that Nikon has just released a firmware (1.01) to fix that very problem. Great.
So, I downloaded the firmware update (I've done this before with my D3 and D7000 so I know how to do it) extracted the "D800_0101.bin" file and put it in the root of my formatted card. However, when I went to the "Firware version" there is no message saying "update" or anything like that. I'm simply showing A 1.00, B 1.00 and L 1.004.
I understand that the A is supposed to stay the same and only the B is to change to 1.01.
But, I can't figure out how to do it? I think with my other cameras when I went to the "firmware version" area and had the new file on the card, the camera would automatically give me a "update"? button to hit.
I'm baffled. I can't have this camera lock up any more.
Hopefully, someone will know if I am doing something wrong.

G