Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shooting Bracketed Exposures Quickly....

pollarda

Provo, US
68 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pollarda Registered since 23rd Feb 2007
Mon 20-Aug-12 01:58 AM

I'm experimenting with taking automated panoramas using a Gigapan Pro. For those who aren't familiar, the Gigapan is a robot of sorts that you hook your camera into and it shoots your panoramas for you using an external trigger. See http://www.gigapan.com for details. )

Anyway, I would like to bracket my exposures and be able to rapidly shoot a 9 bracket sequence with a single actuation from the Gigapan unit. I've seen someone else at one point shooting HDR videos be able to get the entire bracketed sequence this way but, for the life of me I can't figure it out.

The best I've been able to come up with is the self timer with a 2 second delay and then setting the number of exposures for 9 in one second intervals. However, that still gives me a 2 second delay that I don't really need as well as an interval period that is unnecessarily long.

Is there a better way to do this?

-Art

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G