Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Interval Timer Question

sxmwb

Longview, US
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sxmwb Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2011
Fri 10-Aug-12 03:10 PM

I think I understand the interval timer configuration but want to make sure I get this right. I have used external intervalometers but Nikon set theirs up a bit different then what I have seen with the external intervalometers.

The interval is the time the shutter is open plus wait time between shots right? So I have the shutter set to open for 20 seconds and I want 1 second between shots, I would set the interval to 21 seconds.

Also, if I set 999 intervals, I leave the shots per interval at 1, I'll get 999 shots if the memory cards hold that many. It seems odd to have intervals with multiple shots per interval, this option I don't understand and have not figured out a use for it yet.

I'm going out Saturday night and doing some star shots with the meteor shower so want to get this right before being out on the open range.

Thanks
Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Interval Timer Question