Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Built-in flash not working

drseuss

Daly City, US
69 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drseuss Registered since 14th Dec 2011
Sat 28-Jul-12 06:58 AM

I love my D800. I've had it for about three weeks now. When I first purchased the camera from a local shop, I tested the camera to make sure everything was functioning properly. Everything, including the built-in flash was fine. Now, three weeks later, my built-in flash refuses to fire. The flash pops up without a problem when i push my release button near the flash. In my viewfinder, it shows that the flash is ready to use and my settings adjust to the flash being up. But the flash does not fire when I take a picture. I've tried everything that I could think of to get this flash to work. I've tried resetting my camera settings and that didn't help. HDR is off.

I really do not like using the built-in flash, but I just paid over $3000 on this camera and I feel that everything should work for a long time before I start having issues. I have taken great care of this camera, and it has never bumped into anything or was dropped.

I'm almost to the point where I feel like I just have to send it in to Nikon. I just don't want to pay for shipping and be without my camera for weeks. I was just wondering if there are any suggestions on how to fix this before I send it in.

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Built-in flash not working