Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thom Hogan does not recommend the D800

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
wooster

UK
120 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wooster Registered since 02nd Nov 2011
Wed 25-Jul-12 11:29 AM

Hi

Haven't seen any mention of this on here but if its in another section or my senility is kicking in and I've missed it please excuse me.

Anyway Thom is getting a hard time on some forums for this but I back him.

He raises quite good points about Nikon's response to this issue and I am quite pleased he's mentioned it.

Nikon here in the UK are still denying there's an issue with any one of their D800s and I feel this isn't in their best interests.

When I phoned NPS about my inaccurate D800 they said they'd never heard of such an issue and that they didn't read internet reports.

If they'd just said " Oh, yeah that happened with some units but we know how to put it right." I'd have happily kept the camera I bought. But as it is I sent it back to the dealer.

I've decided to wait until the issue is pretty much resolved and it would be nice if Nikon would comment.

Wooster

G