Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Silas_Greenback

47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Silas_Greenback Basic Member
Sun 22-Jul-12 09:03 PM

Having taken delivery of a Nikon D800, I feel fortunate to have this community behind me. You alerted me to problems and issues, not the least of which was how to find a camera. Postings about focus problems, file transfer snafus, etc., all made me feel prepared. Chris Oldham provided not only a series of great settings (not always followed), but an annotated manual. 472 pages of material seemed like a ton, but I was aided every step of the way. That method of instruction seems far more useful than Thom Hogan's pedantic approach to the subject. I am still working my way through that tome, but feel that much of the ground has been covered by you.

So thank you all of you as I start using this wonderful tool which will play a large role in my appreciation of the natural world and in my retirement. Thank you.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Heartfelt thanks

G