Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Are D800s Now Being Produced Free of the Focus Problem?

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Fri 20-Jul-12 12:13 AM

I received a D800E with the left focus problem. Rather than send the camera for repair I elected to return the camera to the vendor for credit and wait until I am satisfied that Nikon is producing cameras that are not defective. As a result I am out of pocket $136 for two way shipping of a defective product...but that is the choice I made.

Is there any reason to believe that at this point in time Nikon has solved its assembly problem that resulted in the left focus problem with some cameras? I am sure that Nikon will never acknowledge that cameras with certain serial numbers "may" have the problem and that cameras beginning with xxxx serial numbers are free of the problem since it is motivated to minimize the number of cameras returned for repair. However, others may be able to observe that the "problem cameras" are in fact limited to a certain range of serial numbers. So when may we have any assurance that the problem is solved and don't have to be concerned about receiving a camera with a focus problem?

JDT

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Are D800s Now Being Produced Free of the Focus Prob...

G