Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New member with a new D800

barneyolafson

Powell, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
barneyolafson Registered since 14th Jul 2012
Sat 14-Jul-12 05:06 AM

Hello everyone. This is my first post in the forums. I learned about Nikonians from a book on my D7000.

I have been reading the forums and really like the atmosphere here. I used to hang out on another forum and there were so many fights I couldn't take it any more. This place seems friendly. I hope to learn a lot and teach what I can.

I've been a shooter for a long time, since the late 70s, but have never really gotten into video. I had film cameras, a D70, a D300, a D7000 (current backup camera), and now a D800 from Berger-Bros.com. From what I read the D800 has great streaming video, but I know little about the process. Sure, I can shoot video in-camera to the memory cards, but I don't even know where to start with streaming video through the HDMI port.

Can anyone make some suggestions about external recording hardware. I read about the Atmos Ninja. Has anyone here used it? Also, what format does the D800 use for streaming? I see that the camera uses H.264 for internal video compression. If the external stream is not compressed, what format does it use. I can't seem to find much information on the net about that subject. Thanks!

-Barney Olafson

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New member with a new D800

G