Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How To Test the D800 For Focusing and/or other problems?

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Sun 24-Jun-12 05:56 AM

I have a D800E on the way and want to throughly test it to see if it has any of the problems that are being reported. I have never done any "testing" of my other cameras except to make sure that the controls did what they are supposed to do. I understand that there are procedures for testing focusing. Perhaps there are established procedures for other types of tests as well. Of course I can shoot some photos using the various focusing points and see if they are in focus. However, I would like to do this right and as throughly as possible. Can anyone direct me to some procedures for doing this properly or offer other advice as to what I should do to test the camera? I will appreciate any help you are able to offer.

JDT

G