Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jtmcg

Simsbury, US
5032 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jtmcg Moderator Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife, Macro & Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007
Sun 24-Jun-12 01:37 AM

Junior Olympic trials and training for whitewater were held in the local gorge this week so I went over today to shoot the slalom competition. I've shot whitewater competitions before but this was my first foray with my new D800.

My keeper rate went up in spite of the fact that I was rejecting shots I might have kept in the past. AF was quick and precise. The DR and detail obtainable are jaw dropping. Attached are two versions of one of the shots. Neither has any pp except conversion from RAW to jpg and resizing for posting. I love this camera!

D800, 70-200 f/2.8 VR1, A at f/2.8, ISO 100, HH

John

1. Full frame as shot, no pp

Click on image to view larger version

2. 100% crop, no pp, You can count the freckles on her nose!
Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Another Wow