Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting Started With D800

DVDMike

Metro Atlanta, US
2225 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DVDMike Registered since 25th Mar 2003
Sat 23-Jun-12 07:42 PM

So far, I've still only played around with test shots on the D800. But I am not seeing any issues with higher ISO shots. I still have my D3, so I could do actual comparison shots between the two. Here is a test shot at 3200 ISO of the cat cropped significantly, down to about 7MP and then re-sized for the web here. I've used a 25 for color noise suppression level on LR from the raw file. I even boosted the shadow exposure to get more detail on the black fur. To me, I am very comfortable shooting to at least 3200 for most of what I shoot if this shot (and the others I've taken so far) are any indication.

Click on image to view larger version

Tonight, I will be taking it to a gathering which should give me some real-world event type samples.
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

G