Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

ColorChecker Passport Problem with D800 DNGs

wfmcgrath3

Livingston, US
77 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wfmcgrath3 Registered since 26th Feb 2012
Sat 23-Jun-12 03:04 AM

I have used the ColorChecker Passport (CCPP) camera-profiling system for some time. I recently received my D800 and set about creating a dual-illuminant profile for the camera. So, I shot the target in both tungsten and outside (cloudy) light, and converted the properly-exposed NEFs to DNG using Lightroom 4.1. When I tried to create the profile, I ran into a problem. In the CCPP software, I dragged-and-dropped the DNG files into the app. The first file was recognized, but the second file was flagged as a non-valid DNG. So, I reversed the process. It did not matter which file I brought in second; it always said the file was bad. I then tried to create a tungsten profile from the tungsten shot, and an outside (cloudy) profile from the cloudy file. Both were created without problems, which suggests to me that the files were fine. I sent a note to X-Rite about the problem, and I'm awaiting a response. Has anyone else tried to do this? What was your result?

Creating images the new-fashioned way!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G