Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ken Rockwell is an IDIOT!!!!!!!

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
InsaneO

Encino, US
395 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
InsaneO Registered since 09th May 2012
Fri 22-Jun-12 08:14 PM | edited Fri 22-Jun-12 08:30 PM by InsaneO

June 22nd.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

Just few thing he wrote:

"This year, the Canon 5D Mark III really is much, much better than the Nikon D800"

"Pixels are completely irrelevant today. 6 to 10 MP is more than enough for anything, so 16 MP is insane"

"My 5D Mark III renders f/2.8 zooms obsolete"

"Just like when megapixels went insane and rendered long lenses obsolete"

OK everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but outright lies?!?!?
I my self hated Nikon for many years after using D1/D1x because of the ergonomic stupidity on the left side of the camera. I strongly disagree that any controls should be on the front of the camera.
So switched to Canon as soon as 1Ds and then 1Ds2 plus 40D 50D 7D
and 5D2. I read a lot about 5D3 but not really reviews, I read users opinions. And I read between the lines.
5D3 is basically evolutionary camera fixing everything what was wrong with 5D2 but nothing more than that.
D800 on the other hand is revolutionary camera.
1. It has been proven by many that noise level at pixel magnification is the same on both cameras. But do we look at pixel level or do we look at picture level?
We look at picture level!!!! In reality at picture level D800 actually wins by at least one stop in ISO.
Imaging Resources actually has an article how large can files be printed from D800 from various resolutions. The result is staggering.
There is no way 5D3 can match it until maybe 25600 ISO at which point both cameras printing at 8x10. Who cares!!!! I am certainly not shooting at this ISO all day long and if I really needed this high ISO I would not buy D800 or 5D3 in the first place.
But on my D800e I can easily set it at AUTO ISO and not worry about noise at ALL unlike any other Canon camera I have/had.
I guess Ken prints 4x6 all day long so 6mp is good enough for him.

And finally, I have been reading/participating on DPreview for over 11 years. I was finally banned for a week because of the arguments with Canon idiots. So I asked administrators to ban me permanently.
I am still reading Canon's people post there for amusement purposes. But..... after D800 came 50% of Canon people suddenly disappeared from Canon forums and appeared in Nikon forum.
That is totally remarkable. It takes a lot to switch systems. I have done before and still in the process now.
According to Ken Rockwell Canon is much better so that means all those thousands of people are stupid for switching. I DON'T THINK SO!!! Just by looking at D800 and 5D3 availability alone one can come to conclusion which camera is more popular. I still have 5 lenses with Canon mount and still hoping that by the end of the year Canon come out with something better than 5D3 but I think Nikon will have something better than Canon because Nikon finally realized how to beat Canon at it's own game.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Ken Rockwell is an IDIOT!!!!!!!
Reply message You made my day!!!!!!!!!!!

G