Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

3rd-party right-angle finder

jhearl

Milford, VA, US
465 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jhearl Registered since 16th Apr 2007
Mon 18-Jun-12 11:17 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a 3rd-party right-angle finder on the D800? The DR-6 RAF that I use with my D300 won't work so I need a new one. The thing that bothers me about the Nikon DR-5 is that I have to unscrew the eyepiece, screw in the RAF, then reverse that process when I'm done. I am in the habit of slipping off my DR-6 between shots because I don't use it with every shot. I can see that's going to be a lot more difficult with the DR-5.

It appears that the 3rd party RAFs use adapters to be more universal. I'm suspecting (hoping) that the adapter could be left on the camera all the time and the RAF would slip off easily, similar to the way the DR-6 works. Trouble is, I can't tell from the few photos and descriptions I can find on various web sites.

If you have used one of these on a D800 or on any of the Nikons that have the 22mm round eyepiece, I'd very much appreciate your input.

Thanks -
John

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancingtuna

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 3rd-party right-angle finder

G