Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Headshot before after image

kiu

Pleasanton, US
73 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kiu Registered since 09th May 2012
Mon 18-Jun-12 10:49 PM | edited Mon 18-Jun-12 10:51 PM by kiu

Hello,

I recently finished a portrait retouch that I would like to share. Constructive feed back, comments, questions are welcomed.

I use to only us Photoshop CS4 and Adobe camera raw to process/edit. With the the D800 I changed my workflow to incorporate CaptureNX2 because I love colors from it. basically I will use CaptureNX to adjust the skin tone, then save as tiff and export to CS4 where I do all my editing.

I perform my skin retouch the tedious way by not using plugins like Portraiture and not using any kind of blur(Gaussian, median, etc) to get the skin smooth looking.

I perform pixel level editing. With high resolution files from the D800 it's a blessing and a curse. Lots of details to work with which means the more detailed I have to be and that equals to a longer time it takes to finish.

I also posted a much higher resolution(4400 x 3016) on flickr to better see the details. http://flickr.com/gp/14285349@N07/dWSca6

D800 + 85mm 1.4D @ f/2

Click on image to view larger version

Cheers
Ken

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Headshot before after image